Gift Aid It
Sign up to Gift Aid
If you are a UK taxpayer, the Gift Aid scheme allows Starlight to claim an extra 25p for every £1 you donate from HM Revenue & Customs. For example, if you make a donation of £10 to Starlight, HMRC will add £2.50, increasing your donation total to £12.50. And it doesn’t cost you any extra!
Download a Gift Aid form and return it to Starlight. Alternatively, you can give your Gift Aid declaration over the phone – please call our fundraising team on 020 7262 2881 and press 2.
To be eligible for the Gift Aid scheme, you must pay an amount of UK Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax for each tax year (6 April to 5 April) that is at least equal to the amount of tax that Starlight will reclaim on your gifts for that tax year.
Please notify Starlight in writing if you:
- Wish to cancel your Gift Aid declaration
- Change your name or home address
- No longer pay sufficient tax on your income and/or capital gains
Tax reclaimed by Starlight:
- 28p of tax on every £1 you gave up to 5 April 2008
- 25p of tax on every £1 you give on or after 6 April 2008
- The Government will pay us an additional 3p on every £1 you give between 6 April 2008 and 5 April 2011 (this transitional relief for Starlight does not affect your personal tax position)