Simple, tax-free charitable giving direct from your pay
Payroll Giving donations are deducted before tax so each £1 you give will only cost you 80p, and if you’re a higher rate tax payer it will only cost you 60p.
What are the benefits for employers?
- Quick and easy to set up
- Shows commitment to your charity of the year or your employees’ favourite charities
What are the benefits for Starlight?
- A source of regular income
- If you are a higher rate tax payer, this is the only way for Starlight to benefit from your higher rate of tax
- With these funds Starlight can plan ahead how to make the biggest difference to the UK’s most desperately ill children
What are the benefits for employees?
- Easy and tax-efficient way to give to Starlight – you pay less but give more
- It is especially efficient if you are a higher rate tax payer
- You have full control of your donations and can opt out if you wish at any time
Here is a simple example, showing how significantly the value of your donations can be increased:
|Your monthly pledge||Cost to you (basic rate tax)||Cost to you (higher rate tax)||Starlight receives|
Where do I go from here?
If your company has a scheme, it’s simple: choose how much you want to give, tell your payroll department and they will do the rest. If there is no scheme in place, you can encourage them to set one up.