Duration 11 Days: 18th Jun 2020 – 28th Jun 2020
Take on the ultimate charity challenge for Starlight with the Kilimanjaro Trek. Follow the beautiful Machame Route, approaching Kilimanjaro from the south. The route has been designed allowing gradual acclimatisation to the altitude – with an extra day included from the more traditional Machame Route.
Taking you through dense tropical rainforest, moorland and scree until you reach Uhuru Peak, this challenge is one of the most challenging charity treks at altitude. On reaching the summit of the most impressive mountains in the world you will feel a sense of overwhelming achievement, with the added satisfaction of knowing you have helped Starlight to brighten the lives of seriously ill children across the UK.
Why join #TeamStarlight?
- You’ll get one-to-one fundraising and training support from the moment you join us
- We will send you a fundraising pack that includes handy fundraising idea’s, sponsor forms and a materials order form to get you started.
- Receive a FREE Starlight vest or jersey
- Post-event support, to ensure we are still around to help and advise with any queries you have
For more information about this epic trek, top tips on getting your fundraising started and how to register for your place, contact our Community & Challenges Events Manager Rachel by emailing Rachel.Marsh@starlight.org.uk or calling 0207 262 2881 ext: #272.
How to fund your Starlight challenge?
- Registration Fee £475
- Min Sponsorship £4150
- Airport Tax and Fuel Surcharge Contribution: £250
What is included?
- Return flights from a London Airport to Kilimanjaro International Airport
- All accommodation and transfers
- All meals on the trek and celebratory dinner
- Porters, cooks and professional English-speaking local guides who are experienced in Kilimanjaro summit climbs
- Global Adventure Challenges Leader from the UK
- Local Doctor, oxygen cylinders, oxi-pulse meter, Gamow bag and medical kit to assist with monitoring participants’ wellbeing on the climb
- Tents and other camping equipment including cooking and toilet facilities
- Thin sleeping mats
- Trekking permits and National Park fees
- Water for trekking
- Small kit bag for trek
What is not included?
- Airport taxes and fuel surcharge – these are approximately £250 and payable 6 weeks prior to departure
- Personal Travel Insurance – this can be obtained through Global Adventure Challenges
- Sleeping bags
- Air mats
- Tips and gratuities
- Visa for Tanzania
Get in touch now to register your place.