We are delighted to launch the National Play in Hospital Week 2012 information pack on behalf of Starlight Children’s Foundation and the National Association of Health Play Specialists.
The week-long initiative, which will be celebrated between 8th and 14th October this year, aims to raise awareness of the benefits of play in the treatment of poorly children across the UK. It is organised by Starlight Children’s Foundation, which brightens the lives of over half a million poorly children in the UK each year, and National Association of Health Play Specialists (NAHPS), which aims to promote and ensure the provision of appropriate therapeutic and stimulating play facilities in hospital.
The pack contains:
• Starlight information sheet
• NAHPS membership form
• Comms information – “How to get Play in the Press”
• Drawing competition winners
• Suggested National Play in Hospital Week timetable
• Information sheets about play and distraction
• Activity sheets
• Colouring in sheets
• Quizzes for adolescents
• Answer sheet