Starlight Prize Draw – Facebook
Starlight Children’s Foundation are running a free prize draw to win a Nintendo Bundle or a selection of toys. We are passionate about the power of play, and are giving people the chance to win a taster of just some of the resources that we send out help deliver play for children in hospital and hospices across the UK. Please see the below terms and conditions for entry, open and close dates, as well as the draw date.
1. The promoter is Starlight Children’s Foundation (charity no. 296058) whose registered office is at Third Floor, 227 Shepherd’s Bush, Hammersmith, London, W6 7AU, United Kingdom (the “Promoter”).
2. Employees of Starlight and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or judging of the prize draw are not permitted to enter.
3. The prize draw is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 years or over who fill out the entry form on our Facebook page.
4. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this prize draw.
5. By entering this prize draw, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
6. Route to entry for the prize draw is via the Starlight Facebook page.
7. Only one entry will be accepted per person.If a person submits more than one entry, the Promoter will accept the first entry only. Sharing of accounts for purposes of the prize draw is not allowed. Any additional entries will be disregarded by the Promoter.
8. The prize draw will open at 00:01 on the 5th of November 2020 with a post on the Starlight Facebook page.
9. Closing date for entry will be 23:59 on 30th of November 2020. After this date, no further entries to the prize draw will be permitted. All dates and times are UK.
10. The prize draw will be made at random on the 10th of December 2020 from all eligible entries.
11. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
12. How to enter:
- Go to the Starlight Facebook page and submit the entry form.
13. The Promoter will not be responsible for the content of any material submitted by you, and you accept that (i) you will be responsible for ensuring that any material submitted does not infringe any third party rights (such as intellectual property rights) and (ii) you will be liable for any claims, losses, fines, penalties, costs or damages suffered or incurred by you or the Promoter as a result of any such infringement.
14. Entries to this prize draw must:
- not contain any content which is defamatory, obscene, unlawful, harmful, offensive or inappropriate;
- not contain any content which may have the effect of being harassing, threatening, or abusive or that otherwise degrades or intimidates an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age or disability;
- not contain any viruses or other harmful programs;
- not advertise or promote third parties’ or your own goods and services, or (unless otherwise specified in these terms) feature any third party branding, trade mark or logos, including on clothing, other than those of the Promoter.
15. Six (6) winners will be selected at random from those entries.
16. The prizes are as follows:
- One (1) Nintendo Switch with a game AND one (1) Nintendo 3DS with a game. The games will be PEGI 12 or under. (the “Nintendo Bundle”)
- Five (5) runner up prizes of a toy suitable for all ages, such as sensory toys, balls, books and puzzles (RRP £45)
17. The prizes are as described and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. A prize is not transferable. The prize is subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
18. Winner notification and prize fulfilment is as follows:
- The winners will be the first six eligible entries drawn at random on the 10th of December 2020.
- The first eligible entry drawn will win the Nintendo bundle.
- The subsequent eligible entries drawn will each receive a runner-up prize.
- Starlight will contact each winner by phone or email to notify them that they are a winner.
- Starlight will attempt to contact the winners over three (3) days.
- If Starlight is unable to reach a winner, then another entry will be drawn from the pool of eligible entries.
- The winner must attach a copy of photo his/her ID in order to prove that he/she is aged 18 or over.
- If a winner rejects the prize, their entry is invalid for whatever reason or they are in breach of these Terms and Conditions, their prize will be forfeited and the Promoter will select another winner at random from the remaining entries.
- Full details on how the prize will be delivered will be provided to the winner.
- Winners will NOT need to pay for delivery.
19. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current data protection legislation. Our Privacy Notice can be found here.
20. The Promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the prize draw will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
21. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel, suspend or amend this prize draw and these terms and conditions without notice for any reason whatsoever, including for reasons outside of the promoter’s control. We will notify entrants of any changes to the prize draw as soon as possible.
22. The Promoter shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations where the failure is caused by something outside our reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, epidemics, pandemics, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
23. You agree that Starlight Children’s Foundation and its affiliates, agents and their employees, directors and shareholders will be held harmless by you for any liability, loss or damage of any kind resulting in any way from participation in the competition other than for death or personal injury arising from their negligence or any other loss to the extent that such loss may not be excluded or restricted by law. This does not affect your statutory rights.
24. The Promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
25. The winner’s name will be available 28 days after the closing date by emailing
26. This prize draw is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. By entering, you acknowledge that Facebook bears no responsibility for this competition and, to the maximum extent permitted by law, you release Facebook from any liability whatsoever in connection with this competition. You are providing your information to Starlight Children’s Foundation Limited and not to any other party.
27. The prize draw and these terms and conditions will be governed by the laws of England and Wales. Any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
28. Where participants have confirmed they are happy to know more about the work of Starlight Children’s Foundation, as indicated in the form at point of entry, we will attempt to call you within 2 weeks of submitting your details. You can change you preferences for contact at any time by emailing [email protected].