Unfortunately, Starlight does not have any charity places available for the 2016 Great South Run. However, you can sign up directly here and we would be absolutely delighted if you decide to raise money for Starlight!
When: Sunday 23rd October
Where: Southsea, Portsmouth
Distance: 10 miles
Europe’s leading 10 mile road race, the Great South Run is a great flat race through Southsea, Portsmouth, perfect for all levels of runners whether you are just starting out or want to achieve a personal best. Joined by 21,000 other runners you will run past some of Britain’s finest naval heritage, including HMS Victory and the Mary Rose, encouraged along by live bands lining the route!
Please note, there is no minimum sponsorship for this run and anything you can raise will go towards helping to brighten the lives of seriously and terminally ill children.
How will Starlight support you?
We will provide you with:
- Free Starlight running vest or t-shirt
- Professional training plan and nutritional information to prepare you for the big day
- Fundraising pack including sponsorship forms and fundraising tips
- Fundraising materials and Starlight literature
- You can visit Starlight’s running shop for all your training requirements
What happens on the day?
We like to show our support for all our runners on the day:
- Starlight team photo before the start and offer some last words of encouragement
- We, and your supporters, will cheer you around the course to give you a boost as you run past
- We invite you to join us for a well earned drink and some food in a pub near the finish line
How do I sign up?
If you would like to take part and join the Starlight team or for more information please call Alex on 020 7262 2881 ext #258 or email firstname.lastname@example.org – we look forward to hearing from you!
If you run for Starlight, as your feet pound the ground both in training and on race day, you will be bringing fun and laughter to the lives of seriously ill children, helping Starlight to grant magical wishes and create exciting entertainment in hospitals and hospices throughout the UK.
We look forward to hearing from you and welcoming you to the Starlight Running Team.