This National Play in Hospital Week, Starlight, together with the National Association of Health Play Specialists (NAHPS), are celebrating the importance of play in a child’s hospital treatment and the amazing work Health Play Specialists undertake to brighten the lives of seriously ill children, with our first ever Starlight Health Play Specialist of the Year Award.
We are calling on health professionals to nominate Health Play Specialists from within their services, who they feel go the extra mile to make a real difference to the lives of children in their care.
If you know a Health Play Specialist who deserves special recognition then please nominate them by filling out the form below.
To nominate an outstanding Health Play Specialist, simply tell us
- What makes them stand out from other Health Play Specialists?
- An example of their best practice
- What personal traits and characteristics make them an exemplary Health Play Specialist?
Nominations close on the 23rd September. Please note that all nominees must be HPSET registered to be eligible. If you know the HPSET registration number, please include this in the form below.
Health Play Specialists may not nominate themselves.
Winners will be announced on Monday 8th October, in line with the NPIHW Launch and will be awarded prizes as below:
- 1st place – £150 vouchers from The Entertainer
- 2nd place – £100 vouchers from The Entertainer
- 3rd place – £50 vouchers from The Entertainer