Starlight, together with the National Association of Health Play Specialists (NAHPS), are celebrating the amazing work of Health Play Specialists across the country. For the second year, Starlight are recognising the essential work of Health Play Specialists with the ‘Starlight Health Play Specialist of the Year’ award.
This award aims to celebrate the brilliant work of Health Play Specialists, and to recognise and promote the significance of play in a hospital setting. Play is an essential part of treatment. By using play and distraction, health play specialists reduce a child’s anxiety while in hospital.
If you work with, or have been impacted by, the work of a health play specialists you can nominate them by completing the online form below.
The winner will be announced during National Play in Hospital Week in October. The award will be judged by Starlight CEO Cathy Gilman, Chair of the National Association of Health Play Specialists (NAHPS), Penelope Hart-Spencer and Chair of the Health Play Specialist Education Trust (HPSET), Tina Clegg.
Last year, Frenchesca James of University College London Hospital, won the inaugural Starlight Health Play Specialist award. Frenchesca received nominations from a number of her colleagues at UCLH who highlighted that her warmth, dedication and enthusiasm in the role of Health Play Specialist, have made her an indispensable part of the team.
Terms & Conditions
- The closing date for nominations is Tuesday 10th September
- Nominees must work as a HPSET registered Health Play Specialist in the United Kingdom
- Previous winners cannot be nominated for a period of one year.
- The Judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Judges reserve the right to check the information contained in the nomination.
- Finalists must be available to attend the award ceremony during the week of National Play in Hospital Week, w/c 7th October 2019.
- The charity reserve the right to retain entry information, photographs & film from the awards ceremony for subsequent publication in relation to the Starlight Play Specialists of the Year award
Nominations for the 2019 Starlight Health Play Specialist of the Year Award are now closed. Keep an eye out as the winner will be announced during Play in Hospital Week!